Nau mai haere mai, Greetings ● Tena Koutou ● Talofa Lava ● Malo e Lelei ● Namaste ● Ni sa bula ● Noaia'e mauri ● Fakalofa lahi atu ● Kia Orana ● Asalam Alykum ● Ni Hao
● An Nyung Ha Sai Yo ● Nay Ho
Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Especially to our community of the school and another special welcome to all that are new to us. Our website is a portal to our Fruitvale School world. We are proud of it, we want you to enjoy and use it often; please come back and visit us. Please let us know if it needs improving. Nau reira, tena koutou, tena koutou, tena koutou katoa.
The BOT wants you to know, ‘We’re Reorganising for Growth’. Three classrooms, Rooms 5, 6 and 7 have now been moved off our site. You will see a major change in the environment of Fruitvale. To ‘reorganise for growth’, means that we will get new classrooms as our numbers start to climb. We are on that climb. The classrooms we will get in the future will be permanent classrooms; all new, with all new furniture and the latest developments in property design. This can't happen without us moving the old ones off. We hope this is clear to everybody. We are happy to answer any questions that you may have. Please phone or e-mail the Principal (09 827 2752).
Whakataukī: "Nau te rourou, naku te rourou, Ka ora nga tangata"
"Your food basket and my food basket together will feed the people"
Fruitvale School is a community of Learners. We work together to create the best learning for your children.
Five values (The 5R's)
- RESPECT - We all deserve the best from each other.
- RESPONSIBILITY - We all work to create the best for each other.
- REFLECTION - We all think about what we do and how we do it to do it better.
- RESILIENCE - We come back from our mistakes, failures and experiences stronger.
- RISK-TAKING - We put our heart and mind on the line believing challenge will grow us.
Five beliefs: (Five C's)
- CAN DO - We believe that children' can...! We acknowledge that children may have difficulties with their journey and as professionals we will support and guide them through these times.
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING - Lifelong Learning! We believe that learning is a journey that never ends.
- CREATIVE THINKING - We believe in providing a safe and supportive environment that fosters risk-taking, reflection and creative thinking.
- CARING - We believe in nurturing children's ability to be friendly, caring, tolerant and accepting of differences.
- CITIZENSHIP - We believe that each child is one person in a world of people and must develop the skills, attitudes and characteristics that acknowledges, recognizes and promotes an optimal environment where people co-exist peacefully.
We want to create learners that feel confident, skilled and self-assured because they have the training and attitudes that set them up to be successful in whatever role they fill in their lives.
Students, Parents who want the best... Teachers, and Supporting Staff who are professional and care about your child and their learning needs.